Tonights dinner was based off of a Basil Chicken recipe but I changed ingredients a bit. I was looking for a recipe to make with ingredients I already had. The changes ended up working out ok and dinner was a big hit, even with my husband (the pickiest man who has ever walked this earth). The changes I made are as follows:
- Whole Grain Linguine instead of Angel Hair
- No Onions
- 1 can of diced tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes (I am sure fresh would be awesome). I drained 3/4 of the liquid out as well.
- Dried Basil instead of fresh (again, fresh would be awesome)
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Hot Pepper Sauce
- 8 Chicken Breast Tenderloin slices, diced
Everything else was pretty much the same. I put all but the tomatoes in the pan to cook. I waited until after the chicken was cooked to add the canned tomatoes and then cooked until the tomatoes were hot. My family seems to have loved it. I have the added benefit of being able to use ingredients that I almost always have on hand. Other than the added salt from canned tomatoes, the meal was very healthy. It was also a very quick, very easy meal to make.