Ok, I know its been a while. I, however, am back with an awesome recipe of my own creation. I had intended to make this stuffed pork chop recipe and then realized (after buying ingredients) that it was for a grill. We don’t have a grill just yet. So this is what I did:
* In a bowl, combine about a tbsp of garlic salt with some black pepper (I didn’t really measure).
* Took 4 boneless pork chops, sprinkling the mixture on both sides, and placed them in the oven on broil for about 6-7 minutes per side.
* While the pork chops were cooking, I cooked 5 pieces of bacon in the microwave on a paper towel placed on a plate for 4 minutes and 30 seconds. I find that I can get crisp bacon this way without the risk of it burning (I usually burn it if I try to get the bacon crisp in a pan).
* When the pork chops were done I broke each bacon piece in half and placed on top of the pork chops (one piece of bacon each, reserving the 5th to crumble on top when done).
* Place a slice of smoked gouda cheese on top of each chop.
* Place the chops back under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese (about 1 minute and 30 seconds).
I served with garlic mashed potatoes. This meal was the best I have produced so far. My husband, who hates pork chops and loves cake, informed me that the the pork chops were BETTER THAN CAKE. Yes, I am very proud. My only regret is that I didn’t make more chops.